The Wilmington Riverfront: Shipyard Shops at the Riverfront. Parking is available in front of the stores and the Chase Center. Allow plenty of time to park and to exit.
Girls are to meet their coaches at 1 hour pre-race to get their bib numbers. Each team will have a sign with their name on it. All registered runners will pick up their bibs at the pre-race bag pick up ( NCC only) or on race day at the Registration tent. ( Registration opens 1 hour before the race start time.)
Merchandise will be for sale on race day. Cash, or charge available for merchandise.
All parents and/or running buddies running in the race need to pick up their numbers at the main registration. After picking up your number, please return to your daughter’s team area outside.
GOTR PARTICIPANTS – DO NOT CHECK IN AT THE MAIN REGISTRATION AREA. If you are not running, you may remain with your daughter in her team’s designated area.
The race will take place rain or shine. It will only be canceled if there is thunder and lightning in the area. Check our website or Facebook page for updates if the weather is uncertain. We have NO RAIN DATE. In the event the race is canceled, no refunds will be given. We will arrange to have tee shirt pick up and tax donation receipt available.
Dress according to the weather but ALL GOTR PARTICIPANTS should wear their colored SEASON shirts. Shirts should be visible during the race.
Girls on the Run merchandise will be for sale at the races. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
If this event is canceled due to severe/dangerous inclement weather, you may claim your 5k registration fee as a tax-deductible donation to GOTR-Delaware. There will be no makeup date.
1. Like any road race, it will be crowded at the start. It takes a while for the crowd to thin out. Be patient and move forward as best you can. It may take you several minutes before you reach the official “starting line” and that’s ok.
2. When the race starts, move at your own pace in as much of a straight line as the traffic permits. This will allow anyone behind you to pass you without wondering where you’re going.
3. Do not push or shove runners out of your way.
4. Be aware of other runners.
5. Try to stay out of the way of faster runners.
6. Just like driving, stay to the right and pass on the left.
7. Enjoy the experience and don’t be afraid to interact with other runners.
8. As you pass the water station, grab some water from the table or the outstretched hand of a volunteer and keep moving. If you intend to stop to drink your water, go ahead, but move to the side of the trail. Try to toss the cup to the side of the race route so runners behind you don’t have to run through an obstacle course of crushed cups.
9. As you approach the finish line, some runners will kick it up a notch. Be aware of runners coming up behind you as you approach the finish chute. While it’s not acceptable to push someone out of the way, passing up until the last moment is allowed and even expected.
10. At the finish line, there will be food and water provided. Please move through the line then find a place out of the way of the finish area so that we keep clear the area for the runners coming behind you.
11. Find a place to cheer for remaining runners.
12. As often as you can, look each volunteer in the eye (water stop volunteers, traffic monitors, course monitors, etc.) and say thank you! Remember that the event would not be possible without them! Also acknowledge police officers who are directing traffic since they’re working to keep you safe.